A chilling message was sent to the people in the United Kingdom as well as over the world by the death of Andy Holmes – an Olympic Gold medallist. Holmes was thought to have succumbed to Weil’s disease: you can never be too safe with regards to water sanitation.
It is a life-threatening, acute form of bacterial infection caused by contact with contaminated water. Patients who have been infected, if lucky to survive, may need long-term hospitalisation and several months to recover.
Fortunately, there are now easily available and affordable water testing kits that can provide simple and fast methods of helping you ensure that you have water that is fit to drink in your home.